market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] purchased transplants: price per flat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] purchased transplants: price per flat
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:36:11 -0600 (CST)

I started out growing transplants years ago and its still a great way for new
comers to start up in the greenhouse business. Today I sell a very limited
quantity of farm type transplants in 50 TLC trays. I get $7.00 a tray for
hybrid tomatoes peppers eggplants, in quantities of at least 10 trays. Most
of what I sell are left overs that I did not plant in my field... Bob.

Does anyone on this list grow transplants (by the flat) for other farms or
have you bought transplants (by the flat) from nearby growers? I am
wondering what prices are typically charged. Thanks much.

Also, does anyone know a source (dealer) for Nibex precision seeders? I
can't seem to find anything on-line by Googling.

-John