market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cotton Burrs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cotton Burrs
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:30:44 -0500

Not a subject I actually know anything about, but I know one thing I would check: whether any herbicides etc. are used on cotton that might cause you problems. There have been some such difficulties with an herbicide sometimes used on hay crops. While most such things break down in composting, I believe there are some currently in use that don't.

It's not only an issue in regards to organic certification, you can also wind up with damaged crops.