market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Perfecta II

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Paul Bucciaglia <pbucciaglia AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Perfecta II
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:58:49 -0800 (PST)

I have one and I'm not particularly nuts about it as I have trouble with it in high residue situaations.  I if you have anything on teh surface (or even below it--those tines will pull up previoulsly buried residue if you don't let it rot, which is slow in happenting in early spring) it tends to clog.

It does work well for bare fallows in between cover crops--if you disk up a finsished crop, several passes of a perfecta will help kill establishd weeds (if its dry enough....) and bring up new weed seeds so they germ and can be killed with another pass.

Paul

Paul Bucciaglia
Fort Hill Farm
Organic Vegetables, Herbs, and Flowers
18 Fort Hill Rd.
New Milford CT 06776
(860) 350-3158
www.forthillfarm.com

I have lived with several Zen masters, all of them cats.
Eckhart Tolle, from The Power of Now.