market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Perfecta II

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: JOHN A HENDRICKSON <jhendric AT wisc.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Perfecta II
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:50:44 -0600

The excellent video from Vern Grubinger (University of Vermont) called
"vegetable farmers and their weed control machines" has a segment about the
Perfecta. Seems like a very nice tool to me although I've never used one. I
know many growers that use basket weeders for stale bed prep, others that use
tine weeders like the Willams Tool System (from marketfarm implement). I
have used a simple field digger for several of the tasks you mention
(although not stale bed prep) so I think the Perfects would work very well.
-John