market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Red Sun Tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Shoemaker" <wshoemak AT inil.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Red Sun Tomatoes
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:03:27 -0600

I think it's a much better tomato than Celebrity. I've grown it many times and never seenm cracking. Celebrity cracks a lot. Red Sun has a larger, more globular fruit too. And it's almost always in the top tier of production in our trials. The growers who've used it locally like it's culinary quality too. It's too bad Johnny's isn't carrying it anymore.

Bill

Dave's Garden has a reference that compares Red Sun to Celebrity.

Shawnee, zone 5