market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Red Sun Tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Red Sun Tomatoes
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:48:39 -0600 (CST)

Back in 1994 I grew a variety called Redstar. I think I got it from Asgrow
Seeds. That was before the company was sold to one of the multi nationals.
Perhaps the seed was reincarnated as Redsun. I know this has happened with
other tomatoes over the years. With that in mind don't be surprised if Redsun
turns up again under a new name. There are so many new hybrid tomatoes out
there its hard to keep up, you got to go to local seed trials. I hate it when
I find a great variety and stick with it over the years only to find the
variety dropped, That's why we always have to sample something new every
season... Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.