market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Red Sun Tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Shoemaker" <wshoemak AT inil.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Red Sun Tomatoes
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:48:30 -0600

While it was an exclusive, it was developed by another company, who may have retained ownership of the variety. I've seen such arrangements fall apart before when the owner wants it off the market. It's too good for it's own good.

Bill

That little red icon with the J in it indicates that Red Sun is/was a
Johnny's exclusive, IOW if they aint got it aint nobody supposed to have it
either.
Did you get real huffy and demand they check and see if there arnt some seed
still in stock? Were they not suggesting a replacement?

That happens to some of the best varieties, with me it was always sweet
corn, and they never gave any warning.

Do you have any of the seed on hand, sometimes you can save seed, even from
a hybrid, and come up with something quite similar, which can be reselected
till you have an OP variety of your own.

Good Luck

MAsteveINE