market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Growing Tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Growing Tomatoes
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:20:27 -0600

Same varieties. Heat may be what's different. I don't think we have a
problem with fruit set. We don't get a huge harvest - nothing like
summer - but our market is much much slower then too, and we are very
small scale, maybe 300 plants in that last planting. It's worth it to
have 100-150 pounds of tomatoes on market day because no one else at the
market does and it draws customers.

Alison