market-farming - [Market-farming] No-Till Conversation w. Accurate Address +

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] No-Till Conversation w. Accurate Address +
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 21:34:01 -0600

To Lots Again

The address is 6917 Kensington. It is now a pot luck. Please bring your own dishes and flatware to save clean up and resources. Stan Slaughter will bring worms.(not for dinner). We'll fold up around 7:00.

Marty
To Lots:

Patrice Gros* wishes to have a conversation with interested people on organic, no-till gardening/farming. He will say a few words to get us started and then we will open for questions and comments. Please come to Kansas City Community Gardens at 6917 Kensington, off Gregory Blvd. in Swope Park in Kansas City on Friday, January 11, at 5:15 PM. If you need transportation or are willing to offer a ride I will try to matchmake. Come even if you are brand new to gardening. Patrice is a wonderful communicator. Patrice is looking for interns to work with him this season. Please let people know about this opportunity. No charge.

Thanks

Marty Kraft 816-333-5663

*Patrice Gros left the big city 12 years ago and fell in love with gardening. He has been a full time organic farmer for 10 years, following a 2 year apprenticeship.  He is the co-founder of two local farmers markets (Berryville & Eureka Springs, AR) and sit on the board of the Eureka Market. He is married and has two children. Patrice makes a nice living by devoting about 1/2 time to gardening. He runs Foundation Farm and associated Farm School for people to learn gardening. http://www.foundationfarm.com/

  • [Market-farming] No-Till Conversation w. Accurate Address +, Marty Kraft, 01/09/2008