market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] (no subject)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Karen Sutherland & Roots Farm <rootsfarm AT marpin.dm>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:13:56 -0400

I recently bought a product called Timbersil for a deck in western MA. It is a pressure treated wood using silica as opposed to a chemical and is claimed to be at least the equivalent of regular pressure treated for decay resistance, termites, etc. It looks and smells like yellow pine. Beautiful stuff. Costs slightly more than regular pressure treated if you can get it locally. I had to have mine shipped from factory which adds to the cost but I am delighted with the product and expect that deck to still be there long after the house has crumbled. www.timbersilwood.com

Best wishes,

Karen

Karen Sutherland

Roots Farm

Organic Produce

Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs

Cockrane, Dominica

767-449-3038

rootsfarm AT marpin.dm <mailto:rootsfarm AT marpin.dm>

rootsfarm AT protoscape.com <mailto:rootsfarm AT protoscape.com>

JAY GJERSETH wrote:
Greetings all,
Im building raised beds and was wondering nif any of you know of a wood preservative that will not leech into my soil or that is non toxic.Ive also considered stapling plastic to the inside but I didnt think that would last very long?The weather is beautiful here on the cheese curtain(N.IL).
J.