market-farming - [Market-farming] Raised Bed Wood

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Raised Bed Wood
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:02:15 -0500

Regards to the list:

I know of people around here who use Black Locust or Hedge to make things that are in contact with the soil, without using preservatives.

Marie in Missouri, zone 5

Greetings all,

Im building raised beds and was wondering nif any of you know of a wood preservative that will not leech into my soil or that is non toxic.Ive also considered stapling plastic to the inside but I didnt think that would last very long?The weather is beautiful here on the cheese curtain(N.IL).

                         J.