market-farming - [Market-farming] wood for raised bed info

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "courtney mcleod" <sunmoonriver AT windstream.net>
  • To: "Market farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] wood for raised bed info
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:40:41 -0400

Check out Ipa (Pronounced as Ipay…I have no idea how to spell it.  It is a Brazilian wood.  Also, you can check out scratch and dent Azek (sp?) which is PVC plastic with a wood grain.  Not cheap though.  The weather is gorgeous here in North east Ohio too!  Scary nice though, 80’s all week, that is not right for October here!

Courtney

Herb Thyme

Middlefield, Oh

Greetings all,

Im building raised beds and was wondering nif any of you know of a wood preservative that will not leech into my soil or that is non toxic.Ive also considered stapling plastic to the inside but I didnt think that would last very long?The weather is beautiful here on the cheese curtain(N.IL).

                         J.