market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] quality produce in California?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Shoemaker" <wshoemak AT inil.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] quality produce in California?
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:01:57 -0500

sals

you miss the point. I'm not nuts, I'm just concerned that the bulk of the product sold in this country is substandard. I know all about cooling product down before shipping. I know all about picking before it's ripe to make sure it ships well. I know all about the quality of such product when it arrives in the market. I see it all the time. Sure, I can't produce all year around. Therefore, consumers shouldn't have quality product? I don't think so.

Actually, people do get ripe fruit here during the season. Maybe that's a novel concept, but they really like it. And it's good for them. Sounds like a good trend to me.

Bill
some food u pick early any way u going to tell me people are getting tree ripe food.  ha ha .  it would be soft in one day u telling me  u eat all your apples in 1 day hehe what are u nuts .  are u nuts.    u ever hear of a root caller.  hehe .   healthier because it was grown up the street among all the Illinois GMO corn pollen  is better than grown organic from a tree that been organic for 20 years.  hehe I don't think so . but I understand what's going on here every dog has to protect his bone so I understand  ok well to each his own.   if you only want to eat local I think your missing a lot of good healthy food.    -----