market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Robin Follette" <lists AT seasonseatingsfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Markets
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:35:00 -0400

The only problem I've had with WIC (and FMNP) is participants who wait until
the last minute. They come in with five months worth of vouchers and want
to spend them all at once. Why aren't there tomatoes in October? Where are
the cucumbers? No corn?? Sorry, not at this time of year. Our first frost
was a killer on September 6 this year. We do a lot of educating through
both programs. Participants seldom repeat this mistake a second year. A
call to the WIC office to stress that they need to stress using vouchers
when they get them helped us.

Robin
Seasons Eatings Farm
www.seasonseatingsfarm.com
~Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty. Francis
Moore Lappe