market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] slow squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Rachel Airmet <rachel AT sunshinefarmmarket.com>
  • To: "market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] slow squash
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 06:26:57 -0700

I was told that when the squash gets pointy on the end (and generally stops
growing) instead of developing a nice even girth the whole length, that
that's also a pollination problem. Does this sound right? This happens on
a lot of my first squash, but tends to ease off after the first pick or two.

Rachel in Eastern Washington