market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] slow squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kelly Saxer" <kellysaxer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] slow squash
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:31:44 -0700

With poor pollination you get a small squash (1-3 inches long and thin)...at this point the female flower usually opens up and waits to be pollinated. If it's pollinted, the squash will continue to grow to full size. If it fails to receive pollination, the small squash with just shrivel up.

Kelly
Desert Roots Farm
Queen Creek, Arizona