market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Free range eggs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Free range eggs
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:52:35 -0400

It's true that I only make a few cents per dozen at that price. I can save
on feed in the summer because they are free-range. That's not counting my
time...if I counted my time in my farming, I'd be losing money. It's
depressing...only my dedication to local food keeps me doing it. Sooner or
later I'll have to quit farming and get a 'real' job to pay the bills.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Peasant Farmer
Tioga County, PA