market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Free range eggs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Home Grown Kansas! <hgkansas AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Mr Lucky <steve AT mrlucky.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Free range eggs
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 05:40:03 -0700 (PDT)

It is interesting to see the range of prices for eggs.  The supply and demand theory still reigns.  As a lettuce grower I was interested in seeing the range in those prices.  The comparisons are irrelevent though unless it is known how much lettuce, eggs, etc are being sold.  In other words, it's easy to sell 10 pounds of lettuce mix at $9/lb but maybe not so easy to sell 100 pounds at that price.  One thing is certain, it is important for farmers to make a profit from their labors.  If we don't we'll soon have no small family farms.  Pat, south central Kansas

Mr Lucky <steve AT mrlucky.com> wrote:
SF Ferry Plaza- $7 a doz and sold out within an hour or two.
Not by me, by the way!

Rancho Gordo
New World Specialty Food
www.ranchogordo.com