market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Buried T-Tape

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marcy" <marcy AT aculink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Buried T-Tape
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:23:07 -0600

Now I have another question for y'all... any good (and INEXPENSIVE) ideas
for fixing these holes in the T-tape???
I've got some that I'm using for a second season (10 mil) that I've been
battling repairs on. I found a piece of garden hose that I've cut into
pieces and using for couplings but it seems to be too smooth and tries to
blow apart. A neighbor suggested treating the Tape like heat shrink tubing
and heating it. I've tried cable ties but need something wider without using
a $1 hose clamp on each sideof the splice.
Or maybe I just need to find a cheaper source?
Thanks all!
Marcy