market-farming - [Market-farming] Buried T-Tape

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mr Lucky" <steve AT mrlucky.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Buried T-Tape
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:56:12 -0700

I haven't used t-tape for years but this year I bought a bunch. I buried it
under the soil along with the seeds but now I'm thinking it wasn't such a
smart idea.
I've heard it tends to last just a season if you bury and I can live with
that, but I like to fertilize with a side dressing once the plants come up
but without water hitting the fertilizer, is there any point? Should I use a
foliar fertilizer? Any suggestions?
The field looks great, if that's worth anything!
Steve

Rancho Gordo
New World Specialty Food
www.ranchogordo.com