market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] pricing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] pricing
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:48:29 -0500 (CDT)

Remember we are all very small fish in a very big pond. There are very old
and strong alliances between vegetable buyers and growers and pre-arranged
prices. When someone new comes along there is a lot of stepping on toes, so
don't be surprised if you get rejected or turned down by pricing. I spent 25
years growing and delivering my vegetables on a daily route, 18 hours a day
mostly seven days a week up to 30 acres of produce I would plant and pick by
hand myself. I have little to show for it except making the other guy rich.
The price of your produce is only worth as much as the buyer will pay for it
at that moment, that is the nature of the produce business nothing else
matters...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.