market-farming - [Market-farming] pricing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <ghf AT townisp.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] pricing
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:02:52 -0400

This may be true but it doesn't mean that the farmer's "high" price is unfair, nor does it mean he/she doesn't have a right to expect to be paid that price. I still say if the farmer thinks their price is fair to cover their expenses and a bit of profit (and be honest few of us if any are gouging) then thats the price it should be. Some folks will choose )or maybe not be able) not to buy it but so be it. When I have food to give away that is what I do, donate it to a food bank, but my retail prices will be what they'll be. Beth
No, not all consumers can choose between WalMart or
boutique. Many consumers are struggling to afford WalMart.

You see beat-up pickup trucks around here; not Lexuses.

People here dress in jeans and t-shirts mostly; not
fashionable clothing. 'Dressed-up' is the jeans without
holes....