market-farming - [Market-farming] Weather Challenges

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shelly Elliott" <shelly AT idlethyme.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Weather Challenges
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:22:21 -0600

The weather is challenging here, to say the least! Last night my low was 16 and my high yesterdy was 24. Today we never even saw 40 and tonight should be in the low 20's. In comparison, last saturday when I was making raised beds for onion transplants, the temp hit 82 degrees. I have watermelon and tomatoes in the greenhouse waiting to go into the high tunnel. Talk about a game of russian roullette! Some of the toms will be set out this week and I will hope for the best. The asparagus just came up so that is usually a good sign! Just needed to get a little weather frustration off of my shoulders! Thanks!
Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm
www.IdleThymeFarms.com