market-farming - [Market-farming] potatoes under plastic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Steve Diver <steved AT ncat.org>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] potatoes under plastic
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:09:11 -0500

Thanks for sharing, Tom, that is very impressive.

Can you explain when the chitting is initiated and how
far along the potato sprouts are when you plant?

I heard a local farmer here in NW Arkansas talk about
planting several hundred pounds of potatoes on Feb.
2nd and February 22nd.
Now that I got my pet cougar I'll be able to plant
both Fall and Spring gardens. Deer are terrible around
these parts, except during summer.
I want to try planting taters much "earlier" next year.

Steve Diver