market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tent/shelters

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Errol Castens <castens AT peoplepc.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tent/shelters
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 18:12:31 -0400

We have a tailgate market where we can use our van as a weight for our EZ-UP. We simply tie it to the van with bungie cords. For another market that does not allow vehicles on site we use our table and one or two heavy coolers and bungie the EZ-Up to those as well as using the ground spikes they supply with the shelter. Works for us.

I gotta say spending $300+ on our shelter was a smart move on our part. It has lasted 5 or 6 years for us. though this year we need to find a new cover for it as the old one got pretty shredded by the end of last season. The cheaper models (even EZ-UP brand) do not last more than 2 seasons if used weekly or more (and if you have very windy conditions they will last less time). And remember these shelters are a tax write off.