market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market shelter

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market shelter
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:36:01 -0700 (PDT)

> I have looked at the EZ up ones, and the Instant canopy Caravan. Costco
> has
> the caravan for $187.99 now. With sidewalls, bag, etc.
>
> Our market is at the edge of a large river and the winds pick up
regularly at 9:30. We're also in full sun on blacktop and shelter is
mandatory. I went through several years with junk shelters that
shredded. Last year I picked up a "Quick Shade" shelter at Lowe's, I've
seen them at Homedepot also. I got it on sale for about $90 for a 10x10
with roller bag. They're a lot like the EZups in design and as easy and
quick to set up. The tops are not waterproof but I just got some spray
on waterproofer and soaked it down. It worked out great last season and
I'm sure will go for several more. For weights, I have circular weights
off an old dumbell. I put 20lbs per leg in the front and tie the back
to the roof rack on my truck.
Sora at Paradise Valley Organics Zone 5..Market opens April 22 Are we
ready?

  • Re: [Market-farming] Market shelter, sora, 04/06/2006