market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] starting tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] starting tomatoes
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:19:34 -0500

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:07:42 -0500, you wrote:

>Pat - It w.b. great to know what date you planted out, what the highs
>and lows were between then and June 8 (GEESH!), what variety you
>grew, what the soil temps were, and so on. THANKS! -Allan

Variety: Glacier. I like this variety; very very early,
good taste. The tomatoes are about the size of golf balls,
and are red. It's supposed to be able to set fruit in fairly
cool weather and my experience would bear this out. It's
one of the Siberian tomatoes, I think.

I didn't keep records of the dates, sorry.

Pat (hangs head in shame...)
--
Northern Pennsylvania

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism,
since it is the merger of state and corporate power."
- Benito Mussolini