market-farming - [Market-farming] Andy Boy Rapini, Water Tubes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Adriana" <adriana AT chefsgreens.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Andy Boy Rapini, Water Tubes
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:51:19 -0600

Re; Rapini

Andy Boy has a proprietary seed. You might talk to Bill McKay at www.growitalian.com about his varieties.
To my surprise, broccoli raab has developed a pretty devoted following among my CSA and market customers. I have grown sessantina grossa and spring raab, both from Johnnies.
Any ideas on where to find a variety thats shorter and more 'heady'?

Re: Water Tubes
Just this week I spotted PolyMax Water Wall Bags in www.growerssupply.com You can order them in different lengths and widths or the can be laid flat on the floor.
Fyi, solar water tubes laid on hoop house floors were
common in southern Europe as a means to release
heat over night. Kenn-Bar used to carry these solar
water tubes in the U.S.