market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Vegetable Illiteracy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <txbeefarmer AT hotpop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Vegetable Illiteracy
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:41:05 -0600

Ok, I have to put this out for okra haters. Okra tastes WONDERFUL raw. YES, RAW. I know you're all saying...., eeewwww, it has little hairs that poke and make you itch. Why would anyone eat it raw!? ***** Trust me on this one.****** Try it. Also try it dipped in ranch dressing. Cut it up in a salad too. You won't regret it. :)

For black-eyed peas, they're also good raw in a salad. Just cut them up in half inch pieces. They're good stir fried, without shelling, too. And..., try cooking a mix of shelled peas and snaps with tomatoes. Yum! Yeah, I wrinkled my nose too on this one, but it really is good.

TxBeeFarmer
Mark (West Texas - Zone 7b)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pat Meadows" <pat AT meadows.pair.com>