market-farming - [Market-farming] Farm/Ranch Insurance

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mimi & Rob" <mimi AT my180.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Farm/Ranch Insurance
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:43:02 -0700

Hello,

This might be asking for much repeated info, so here goes... We have
recently purchased a farm/ranch. We raise animals primarily. We need to
get farm insurance in the next month or so, as we are renting back for the
time being. We have basic insurance for the present. We have a quote from
Allied and it is a humdinger. I have seen others saying that is normal.
Which insurance companies are suggested to check with other than Allied -
what can I expect?
Thanks so much for the help!

Mimi
N Idaho