market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Squash Plant Longevity

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Squash Plant Longevity
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 19:08:15 -0400

Here's the Peaceful Vallye write-up for Kaligreen, the version of potassium bicarb that has been recommended to us: Potassium bicarbonate for Powdery Mildew Kaligreen is a contact-type fungicide for the control of powdery mildew. It contains microencapsulated potassium bicarbonate as the active ingredient and direct contact with the fungus is absolutely necessary for control. Potassium ion balance in the fungus cell is broken by Kaligreen; cell walls collapse, shrinking the cells and destroying the fungus. Mix thoroughly with water and add a spreader-sticker and agitate. Do not mix with highly acidic materials since Kaligreen is a weak alkaline material and decomposes in highly acidic conditions. Labeled for over 40 crops. Not for use through irrigation systems. Use at a rate of 2.5-5 lb/acre. Pesticide I.D. # is required for California commercial growers.

About $40 for 5lbs, contrary to my earlier remarks -Allan