market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Squash Plant Longevity

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Squash Plant Longevity
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:27:50 -0400

Actually, common grocery store MILK has proven to be a better control, when sprayed timely on susceptible plants. You'll have to GOOGLE for reports, but in several studies I read, milk, pastuerized or non-pastuerized, out performed the carbonates, Arm-and-Hammer or the $150 a gallon stuff. -Allan

How much baking soda do you use per 5 gallon water? And how much
is "little oil" for the same amount of water? Powdery mildew is a very
common disease problem on many vegetable crops here in Hawaii. This
spray is something I can recommend to new, immigrant farmers who have
scarce resources to deal with plant diseases.
Thanks.

Sabina F. Swift