market-farming - [Market-farming] Trendy veggies for 2006

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mtlivestock" <crublee AT libby.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Trendy veggies for 2006
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:26:18 -0600

What are the trendy veggies and fruit for 2006? What is the hot cookbook or
diet for 2006?

We are switching to a higher end-exclusive CSA next year. Any suggestions
for catering to high end clientele? I would be selling to caretakers,
personal chefs, and affluent clients. Our area has been "discovered" by the
jet-set. I watch the planes come in over my farm and then watch the limos
drive by a few minutes later. I want offer these new residents customized
local products and services. We plan to deliver as well as offer interesting
farm events.

These new residents are coming in to stay a few weeks or months. This is
usually their third or fourth "other" house. Most have some land. Many
have large parcels of land in very remote areas for privacy and the
"wilderness" experience. Almost all are business owners or corporate
leaders. Many are retired and want to try the "country" life.

What other exclusive services or products would these new residents need?

Thanks folks.