market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] working kids

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] working kids
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:30:31 -0600

My own farm memories aren't all that fond because there was too much work
and no chance for input or suggestions from me. But it got in my blood and
now that's what I want to do. Children need to learn those skills and the
only way is to do them. Good work habits serve you well all through life.
It builds self confidence and sense of accomplishment. Work smart, work
safely. Don't quit till the job is done. Take care of your tools and
they'll take care of you. Learn to read the land and the weather. Respect
the animals. Don't complain when others will be discouraged and the job
has to be done either way. Now, there's a clear line between learning to
work and abuse, and no one should have trouble seeing the difference. It's
the difference between getting a blister having fun, and real boredom and
suffering. Listen to the child and the child will listen to you.

paul tradingpost AT gilanet.com
http://largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net