market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Insurance for a Certified Farmers' Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Centfarmaug AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Insurance for a Certified Farmers' Market
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:10:53 EDT

The people we know who buy seasonal insurance, good just for the period of the farmers market, have their insurance rewritten every year, so it is no trouble to add additional insureds.  We maintain our product insurance year round, so the charge is for rewriting it.  Our insurance agent also told us that in Missouri there is no statute of limitations on product liability claims, so that if someone wants to sue you 6 months after getting sick on the product, you would have no protection if your insurance was seasonal.