market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Insurance for a Certified Farmers' Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Centfarmaug AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Insurance for a Certified Farmers' Market
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:06:42 EDT

We participate in three farmers markets; they all require that the participants provide a copy of their liability insurance to the market master.  Two of them, this year, asked that the market and market master be named in the policy; we were unwilling to do that, as it would cost an extra $100 per season for each entity named.  While it did not cost for some farmers, others were in the same situation as we were, so that requirement was dropped.