market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 27, Issue 21, Anyone have any ideas on semi-automated trash removal from the bed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: MTrynoski AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 27, Issue 21, Anyone have any ideas on semi-automated trash removal from the bed
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:00:22 -0400

I have seen an interesting tool for trash removal on a ridge till system but
would work for beds if you can find a tool wide enough. It was one large
(wide) cultivator sweep on a horse drawn one row cultivator. They disced in
oats in the fall and then formed the ridges. Come spring they "sliced" off
the top layer of winter kill oats with the wide sweep and planted the new
crop. The trash was pushed off into the alley between the ridge. I would
think a similar tool could be fabricated for tractor drawn.