market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] edamame

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Margaret L Wilson <booldawgs AT cavenet.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] edamame
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 07:59:03 -0400

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:05:55 -0700, you wrote:

>I spent a few years living and traveling about SE Asia . I don't remember
>seeing soy milk drank commonly although it was sold in supermarkets. Yokult
>was popular. My kids loved it.
>I would love to see Indonesian tempeh sold here . IMO, it is one of the
>tastiest and most nutritious things made from soybeans.

You can buy tempeh at natural food stores and some
supermarkets with natural food sections (Wegman's, for
instance). It's not from Indonesia, but made in the USA.

I think it's very good, though I've never tasted tempeh made
in Indonesia.

Pat

--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and edible
flower seeds for successful container growing.