market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Summer production of cool season vegetables

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Summer production of cool season vegetables
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:18:46 -0700

Another angle is to try special varieties that stand up to summer heat
better, though it may take experimenting for your location. And you still
might want to keep Pat's portable planters close by just in case. Here are
my suggestions for summer greens from my page at
http://largocreekfarms.com/greens.htm

New Zealand Spinach
http://www.victoryseeds.com/catalog/vegetable/greens.html#Zealand

Sylvetta Arugula
http://www.seedsofchange.com/garden_center/product_details.asp?item_no=PS159
19

Bionda da Taglio chard
http://www.mailordergarden.com/sunshop/index.php?action=item&id=3372&prevact
ion=category&previd=7&prevstart=0

Catalonia Italian Dandelion
http://www.yankeeharvest.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code
=HSV2022

Red Ursa Kale
http://www.seedsofchange.com/garden_center/product_details.asp?item_no=S1075
7

Magenta Magic orach
http://www.southernexposure.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_C
ode=59101&Category_Code=OGREEN

Purslane
http://www.bountifulgardens.org/shop/salad.html#salad

Also some beet greens at http://largocreekfarms.com/beets.htm . This is a
work in progress obviously, and anyone with suggestions, we're glad to hear
your experience. We're compiling varieties and sources that may be more
heat tolerant or cold tolerant, better for storage or short season. We're
especially interested in heirlooms from anywhere that are more suited to
certain climates or conditions. It's a free service on our part and we
don't get commissions or sell these seeds ourselves.

paul tradingpost AT gilanet.com
http://largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net