market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Summer production of cool season vegetables

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Summer production of cool season vegetables
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:29:59 -0500

Contact your state agricultural weather service. Your state IPM program needs
daily localized GDD to predict insect hatches and flights. If you sign up for
your state IPM program you should get weekly reports including degree day
accumulations. Knowing your local GDD is as important a knowing your blood
pressure. One thing I learned from my local GDD is that I live in the second
hottest spot in my state... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.