market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] strawberry flavor

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Graeme Gerrard <ggerrard AT resonant.com.au>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, 1corey AT bellsouth.net
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] strawberry flavor
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:37:01 +1100

Well, isn't the world complex. Sweet Charlies grown north of here have a really reputation as being great tasting fruit. We were very keen to grow them. The runners were hard to get too. It was one of the varieties we dug out after the season because they just didn't taste any good!
I guess it is a case of horses for courses. Someone once said that a variety that did well at one farm wouldn't necessarily be the same on a farm only 2 kms away.
Graeme