market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Self Cleaning Irrigation Water Filters

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Self Cleaning Irrigation Water Filters
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:31:12 -0500

Mark -

Last year we used those 'spin' filters that are supposed to be self-cleaning and self-flushing. We had lots of SILT in our water. I was fairly dissatisfied with the filtering and, frankly, they often clogged, which is just no good. I wound up going with a pool sand filter from Rain-flo. This, sad to say, only solved the problem of total clogging. I feel that this season I'll be adding the spin filters to the drip headers to keep the water 'more clear.' This means cleaning them before each irrigation session. (I'm thinking of getting a 2nd sand filter, which, I hope and pray, would totally solve my silt problem.)