market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Strawberry varieties

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Graeme Gerrard <ggerrard AT resonant.com.au>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Strawberry varieties
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:44:52 +1100

Camarosa is a variety that is sweet and has good flavour when fully ripe. But talk about BIG - 2 /1/2 to 3 inches long! Here strawberries are commonly sold in small, 250g punnets - (clam shells?) You couldn't fit 2 Camarosas in a small punnet like that. Not all were so big, but they would be the biggest strawberry I've seen.
Graeme