market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] strawberry flavor

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Old Timin'" <oldtimin AT williams-net.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] strawberry flavor
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:46:26 -0500

Graeme: I kept saying "try this one - what
do you think of the flavour?" He didn't eat a single berry. He wasn't
interested in flavour - not at all! Appearance, keeping ability and
transportability were the only things he talked about and seemed to
consider.

Oldimin:well the way I look at it, it is competition like this that will alow us to get the top price. When I sell my heirloom produce I stress that flavor is my first issue, I like color also, but I like a variety of colors, (not just red tomatoes). As long as their are guys like him dominating this business, the rest of us will have plenty of customers,lol
Oldtimin