market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Value added products

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <wizard1 AT kih.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Value added products
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:33:51 -0500

Hmm The idea that farmers markets in rural areas arnt worthwile indicates an untapped market in a lot of areas. I notice that while rural areas offer the opertunity for people to grow thier own gardens that every rural comunity has I ever saw has grocery stores with produce sections  therefore everyone isnt growing thier own produce.
    I will likely take a different stratagy to make rural farmers markets sucessful than in metropolitan areas but rural folks still want good food to eat and many rural folks work factory shift work and dont have time or energy to grow thier own food. I am looking at trying to establish a farmers market in my rural comunity this year as well as marketing eccess produce to the local grocery stores. I am convinces it is do able I just have to find the conbination.

Mark

BriarPatch Farms
Monticello KY