market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Value added products

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Value added products
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:48:04 -0700

What Sharpton thinks is "universal to all retail businesses" is simply not
typical of most food shoppers around the country. Mostly professional
women, 40-65? Sorry, most food shoppers may be women but the majority
certainly aren't professionals, and most are probably under 40. Sharpton
may be talking about the Whole Foods Market crowd, but they're a different
crowd from the farmers market crowd. As long as small growers aim so high
at the upscale market, they'll remain a niche market.

paul tradingpost AT gilanet.com
http://largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net