market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Donating to the ederly

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: <1corey AT bellsouth.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Donating to the ederly
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 01:30:33 -0000

Regards to the list:

We sometimes donate to the local womens' shelter - both baked goods and
fresh vegetables. Also, we randomly hang bags of vegetables on peoples'
doors who we know are no longer able to garden or are in need of food.
We had hoped to do this anonymously but in a small town there are eyes
everywhere and they're connected to mouths. The local food pantry is
always willing to take food, but I understand the people who work there
usually go home with the best stuff.

Marie in Missouri, who is very much looking forward to the Great Plains
Vegetable Conference in St. Joseph the end of this week!