market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mild fall weather?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mild fall weather?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:47:13 EST

In a message dated 11/14/04 12:28:24 PM Central Standard Time, kenbez AT hotmail.com writes:

We had similar weather last fall

Our weather has been nice to say the least.  It does get pretty cold (below 20) every nite but it has warmed every day to the 50's which has really made it nice to get a lot of fall work done in the gardens.  Been able to get all the plastic lifted this fall and all the beds seeded for spring.  Some beds I seed Oats and mostly winter rye, which can get to be a problem with regrowth in the spring after tilling, but it is still the best ground cover for quick growth in the fall after planting, to keep things from blowing around all winter.  We have had some really nice rains lately which will really help to get things going in the spring.

Phil from SW Iowa