market-farming - [Market-farming] Mild fall weather?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ken Bezilla" <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Mild fall weather?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:27:17 +0000

Regards to the list,

Is anyone NOT experiencing mild fall weather this year? Here in southern Missouri, the first fall frost was 3 weeks late this year (30°F on 11/5; average first frost here is 10/15). We've had one other frost (29°F on 11/12), and the weather's looking to be frost-free for another week yet. Usually, we should've had at least 5-10 frosts by now, with one of them getting down to 20°F.

We had similar weather last fall -- first frost was 4 weeks late, and we had one of the warmest Novembers in a long time.

It's nice to have a longer season, but two mild falls in a row makes me nervous and makes me wonder about global weather changes...

Ken Bezilla
East Wind
southern Missouri, zone 6b