market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Holes in Beans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cheselka AT theriver.com" <cheselka AT theriver.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Holes in Beans
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:30:19 -0400

> It's kind of late in the season. My guess would be that
> vendors are probably thinking 'It's not worth bothering with
> this year, but I'll investigate it next year.' So maybe
> you'll do much better next year.

Actually, Pat, in this part of the country (southeast Arizona), we're still
pretty much in the middle of summer. "Fall" won't start until
October/November. "Winter" isn't here until Jan/Feb, and then only for a
coupla weeks.

When people see that the market is running and it's here to stay, some of
them will want to jump onto the bandwagon, even if they only have a
seasonal backyard garden. Those of us who are trying to make this their
livlihood will just have to make sure that others don't undercut our
prices. Besides trying to build up my own farm, I'm doing everything I can
do encourage others to start up a small farm.

http://www.bensonnews-sun.com/articles/2004/09/01/news/news4.txt

Cheers Everyone!

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce